Broadcast Account Executive
Talk Radio 92.3 / AM 760 is seeking an experienced, self-motivated sales professional to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients in the Knoxville area. The Account Executive will solicit business for advertising in on-air, non-traditional and digital platforms. The ideal candidate must possess a hunter mentality with cold calling/prospecting experience, a proven ability to negotiate and close with a high level of success and must easily build mutually-beneficial relationships. Consistently driving game-changing results, this individual knows how to identify, develop and present customized to clients using non-traditional and digital concepts with exceptional written and oral communication skills. This individual easily commands the room during presentations. The ability to multi-task with a high degree of time management and organizational skills is a must. This individual is capable of looking ahead and managing client needs with precision planning and anticipation.
- Previous Media sales experience is helpful, and previous sales experience in any capacity is required. We’re looking for someone with a high level of sales maturity.
- Proven track record of generating new business through cold calling, referral, networking, etc.
- Two years of relevant sales and marketing experience – with media advertising experience strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills. Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of client-facing communication and polished presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with revolving deadlines.
- Able to identify and solve problems, create and innovate on behalf of clients and multitask.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Base knowledge of local media companies, station formats and strategic offerings.
- Experience with entertainment, consumer packaged goods, retail and brand clients is strongly preferred.
Interested? If you possess these qualifications, please contact John Adams at 865-525-0620.
WETR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.