- Louisiana orders BBQ restaurant to close over failing to enforce mask orders'A state judge has temporarily shut down a barbecue restaurant at the request of the Louisiana Health Department Friday, for refusing to enforce mask mandate laws.
- Body camera footage in George Floyd's fatal arrest can be released, Hennepin County Judge has ruledA judge has ordered the release of body camera footage from two former Minneapolis police officers charged in connection with the death of George Floyd after a legal challenge by media organizations that the video be made widely available.
- Sturgis rally roars ahead despite coronavirus concernsCrowds of motorcycle enthusiasts gathered in Sturgis, S.D., Friday for the start of the 80th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally despite concerns over the coronavirus pandemic that has led to cancellations of other large gatherings in the months since the outbreak gained a foothold in the United States.
- Oprah honors Breonna Taylor with massive billboard campaign demanding the cops who killed her are arrested and chargedOprah Winfrey has launched a billboard campaign in Louisville, Ky., demanding the police officers involved in the shooting death of Breonna Taylor be arrested and charged.
- 16-year-old Florida boy accused of homicide for shooting man in the headA teenage Florida boy accused of shooting a man in head while on the phone with a 911 dispatcher had charges against him upgraded to murder Friday after the victim died
- New Hampshire woman is first American to undergo two full face transplantsCarmen Blandin Tarleton became the first American to ever receive a second full face transplant when she underwent a 20-hour surgery at Boston's Brigham and Women’s Hospital last month, according to an Associated Press report.
- Michigan Gov. Whitmer calls for resignation of county official who used racial slurLeenanau County Road Commissioner Tom Eckerle went on a tirade after being asked why he wasn't wearing a mask.