- Reno man, who was homeless, to likely get probation in mother’s hot car deathA man in Reno, Nevada, will likely not serve any jail time for the death last year of his elderly mother, who he left in a hot car while he went to work because prosecutors said there was no intent to harm her.
- Houston hospital: 153 employees who refused vaccine have either quit or been firedA total of 153 employees at Houston Methodist who have refused to get vaccinated for COVID-19 have either resigned or been fired, according to a report.
- Austin shooting update: New suspect ID'd, charges against 2 juveniles dropped, police sayCharges against two juvenile suspects who were apprehended following a June 12 shooting in Austin, Texas, have been dropped and a manhunt was underway for a new adult suspect in the case, authorities said Tuesday, according to a report.
- ‘Fire monks’ ready to defend monastery from Big Sur blazeA group of firefighting monks was ready to defend a Buddhist monastery being threatened Tuesday by a wildfire burning in the rugged central coast mountains south of Big Sur.
- Indiana University students sue school over vaccine requirement, allege constitutional rights violatedEight Indiana University students have filed a federal lawsuit against the school, alleging that its COVID-19 vaccine requirement violates both their constitutional rights and the state's new vaccine passport law.
- Oakland crowd twerks on ambulance, blocks responders after deadly shootingPartiers in the San Francisco area celebrating Juneteenth were seen blocking an ambulance, with some women twerking on top, despite responders trying to navigate through the scene to reach victims of a shooting in which one person was killed and several others were injured.
- Ohio Papa John's employee shoots and kills armed robberA Papa John's employee in Ohio shot and killed a man who tried to rob the pizza restaurant late Sunday evening.