- Hurricane Teddy bringing 'life-threatening' rip currents to East Coast, fall set to arriveThe core of Hurricane Teddy is passing east of Bermuda on Monday, but the large storm will have impacts stretching across the East Coast of the U.S.
- Daniel Prude death prompts New York AG to announce new police bodycam policyNew York Attorney General Letitia James announced Sunday that her office will proactively release police body-camera footage in light of Daniel Prude’s fatal encounter with Rochester police officers and the subsequent protests that broke out more than five months later when the video of the incident was finally made public.
- Bobcat Fire in California becomes one of largest in Los Angeles County history, whips up 'smokenado'A wind-driven wildfire burning in the mountains northeast of Los Angeles has now scorched over 100,000 acres as of Monday, as strong winds even whipped up a "smokenado."
- Philadelphia police arrest 2 men suspected of setting cruiser on firePhiladelphia police say they have arrested two men suspected of setting one of the department’s cruisers on fire over the weekend.
- Portland civil rights leader says protesters are 'not going anywhere'The massive wildfires brought heavy smoke across Portland last week, briefly veering the focus away from the social unrest and the more than 100 nights of demonstrations in the Oregon city.
- Tropical Storm Beta takes aim at Texas, Louisiana as Gulf Coast sees storm surge, floodingTropical storm conditions will spread over the Texas coast on Monday morning as Tropical Storm Beta churns toward landfall, even as the storm is already bringing flooding to low-lying areas.
- Barrasso urges Trump, Senate to move forward to fill Supreme Court vacancy