- Newark locks down again amid coronavirus surge with 8 p.m. curfewNewark implemented a new curfew at 8 PM ET this week, forcing all non-essential businesses to shut down early amid surging coronavirus cases in the city.
- Hurricane Zeta makes landfall on Louisiana coast as Category 2 stormHurricane Zeta has reached the coastline of southeastern Louisiana, making landfall as a Category 2 storm.
- Philadelphia imposes curfew in anticipation of third night of violence after police killingPhiladelphia will impose a citywide 9 p.m. curfew Wednesday after two nights of unrest that saw violent clashes between demonstrators and police and businesses ransacked and vandalized amid citywide unrest over the fatal shooting of a Black man.
- Christian woman no longer banned from park for sharing her faithAn elderly blind woman in Rhode Island is no longer banned from a public park in Westerly for sharing her Christian faith, according to her lawyer.
- McCloskeys demand judge remove prosecutor for allegedly using their case to solicit campaign contributionA St. Louis couple charged with unlawful use of a weapon during a confrontation with protesters over the summer returned to court on Wednesday asking a judge to disqualify the city's top prosecutor from the case because of her alleged political motivation.
- 2021 Boston Marathon postponed, ‘at least’ until the fallThe Boston Athletic Association said Wednesday that it won’t hold the race as scheduled in April because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizers say it will be put off “at least until the fall of 2021.”
- Group of Mississippi inmates baptized: 'We hope this is a new start,' authorities sayThe ministry, provided by the Covington County Sheriff’s Office, baptized 17 inmates last Tuesday, according to the sheriff’s office's Facebook page.